View Single Post

Jonathan:

The battery was new and there was current draw. Actually, I noticed now that it was quite high at about 10 amps. Bentley says about half this and a test months ago showed 5 amps so I have to check this (I measured current at the battery not at the pump so it may include other equipment). When running, we may be at 14V or so, so about 20% more juice. Assuming we get 20% more fuel, still low, but I cant test all of this.

Maybe I should also replace the fuel filter. Wonder if anyone has fuel flow rates post fuel filter. I got a few months ago 0.57 L/min

A few months ago, I did a fuel flow test of the fuel from the pump before fuel accumulator and filter. I got 1 liter in 35 seconds (Bentley says 1 L per 30 sec so it's a little low)

Stu:
Glad you posted. Your meter head flow adjustment project inspired me to test my system. I hadn't thought about the control pressure circuit flow test. I will test and report. Maybe I'll repeat the test while keeping the WUR in the loop. Since I am pushing the plate by hand, the only effect is to allow flow through the WUR as opposed to my original test.

Also, I had considered the turbo WUR. Any suggested vehicle year?

911st:
Planning on 300 HP. This is the expected amount for a SOK whipple system. They don't say anything about modifiying the fuel system for the 3.0 engines (3.2 is a different story) so I expect there should be enough fuel in the stock system to handle it. BTW, if you are stuck on HP potential, I am pretty comfortable with the initial equation I provided (with the duty cycle addition). Also, the website calculator from Chris' post above is good.

Any comments on the turbidity of the fuel? Yours looked all clear Stu.

Last edited by Dr J; 01-17-2010 at 08:36 PM..
Old 01-17-2010, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)