View Single Post

Greetings: Happy new year everyone!

Well, my sputter, breakup, started up again under load. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..
Finally had some time to bring it to the shop. The weather finally warmed up in the 40's and sunny. I did a CO-CHK...Running in AFR'S- 3.0 when the the car is warmed up..My mech. checked hoses, timing,,,Took it for a test..ALL seems to be in order..He did make a simple hose/s change do by the distributor. After all that, l Lowered the rpm..a little high..etc.etc..It didn't feel all that great when leaving the shop....Not happy......Maybe its the wires, wur, etc -something expensive that I didn't change...

Sat in front of the pelican forums and started searching--searching etc...etc..for answers...

Sunday...I decided to take out the sparkplugs--suggested by this forum. I am currently running-NGK R5671A-7..at .040, (Had theses plugs less than a year) All six plugs were grey on top, tiny soot, on top of the electrode..Not oily...Everyone consistant. Maybe the plug is to HOT for my set-up. Not sure...

I switched to DENSO-W24 Stock gap. .024 See what happens...Installed them..

Monday the test..Started it up no problem.....I noticed the car needed a little more time to warm-up, in order to drive away.... Once the car got warmed up to temps. MAN--It just took off like a mother.....Stays at 1bar...Haven't seen that in awhile...
Maybe I thought it was a fluke...But WOW...The car just pulling on top without a stutter, miss, hickup, or whatever u call it....

Opened it up late afternoon---60-130--mph.....NO MISS --JUST TOP END-great torque.. Sounds different-more aggresive. The cars' nose just stays up and feel it come down when finishing max output...Total MADNESS!

I Think a colder plug works for me 90% is hwhy--Top End-----Oh--I have new Bisteins HD- front and sport/ yellow-back. (stiff)

Last edited by wjfk32; 01-19-2010 at 05:06 AM..
Old 01-19-2010, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)