View Single Post
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfk32 View Post
Greetings:

JBL---How is your car running these days......I know u did tons of work!!$$$$$

congrats!

P.S.-- I would like to see a dyno/60-130mph combined log...

Walt
I only have the dyno sheet from before the engine rebuild, which was a smidgen over 500fwbhp with around 530lbft, and it's best 60-130mph was a little over 7.5 seconds, but regularly did it in under 8 seconds. I did go to a dyno after the rebuild but the engine developed a misfire on the way there and was useless on the rollers, the coil was shot and as soon as it came on boost it was blowing the spark out.
Since then i've had a new coil fitted and it posted just under 7.5 seconds 60-130 so it's obviously a little better than before.
As Don mentions, it's all about torque really, and mine is developing 500lbft around 3700rpm, and is still developing 400lbft at 6600rpm, which i guess is why i'm getting quite good acceleration numbers.

I've only done about 300 miles since the rebuild and the car is back in the garage now with the engine out again as they are fitting the new gearbox, cutting the torsion tube out, fitting the peddle cluster and 5 speed gear linkages and slave and master cylinders etc out of the 89 turbo that the gearbox came out of.... my engine has been in and out of my car more times than anyone i know

It's all worth it though....right?
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)