View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psalt View Post
Delivery to the injectors is also effected by the differential pressure valves and the lower chamber pressure. This is how CIS lambda effects injector delivery, maybe your test method is altering the lower chamber pressure. The chart suggests your fuel pump should support +450 hp, although some of the figures, especially the 944 turbo pump, look incorrect to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Good point. If it is a Lambda style FD you need the computer active and the O2 unplugged so the frequency valve sets to 50%.

If this is not done, it will under perform.

Could we stay on topic here? We're trying to wind-a-watch, not build one, metaphorically speaking.
DrJ has a '79 911 SC with no Lambda. He wishes to add a supercharger to the engine.

We are trying to figure out how to insure the existing fuel delivery system, fuel pump, fuel distributor, warm up regulator, lines and injectors can meet the task of delivering a targeted 300HP.
Problem: the injector sizing calculator doesn't seem to provide the proper answer. Which means either the calculator is wrong, the methodology of the test is at fault or something is amiss with the fuel delivery.

We now return to our regular scheduled programming.........
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-19-2010, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)