View Single Post

Garage
Kidding aside. That guy in MO has a different vision for his Porsche.

I like plaid and hounds tooth but on early model 911s, ending with the 2.7RS. Granted they had plaid in the some early 930s but I place the visual break point starting with high bumper '74 cars.

First, I think you change what you touch, manipulate and see. Replace the steering wheel and full shifter, not just the shift knob. Replace the clock with boost gauge. Do not reclock the gauges.

Go to light weight modern performance seats, not the cushy overpriced modern performance replacements. Add a harness bar if you don't need to put kids in the backseat and add 5 point belts. Nothing impresses riders, or you the driver, like a serious seat and 5 point belts. Mount a quality fire extinguisher in sight.

If your car has an obvious "sound system" remove all visual cues. A/C is OK at this level.

Finally replace the doors panels with RS type.

Keep everything and replace them before you put the car back on the market. All of this stuff, while really cool and desirable telegraphs to a potential buyer "this car was flogged!"
Old 01-20-2010, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)