View Single Post

I must have missed it. What is an SC supposed to test at?

Per the following a 930 is in the 240ml range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stup View Post
At wide open meter plate with injectors FITTED my car flowed between 120ml-124ml per 30 seconds(tested twice and results the same both times)..approx all within 3% at WOT...Copied that from earlier,,hope that helps...tested control pressure flow rate also and it was towards upper limit of specs 160-240ml per minute...i was at 220ml..that was the fuel line into the wur...
Ok, you are getting 150ml.

Upper end of the spec for a 930 seems to be 240ml.

If 240ml supports up to 400hp, then 150ml would support up to about 250hp on boost.

On top of that a 930 runs at about 11/1 AFR and an SC at about 13/1 AFR so this might be enough fuel for up to almost 300 N/A HP.

That would be about a 50% margin so it seems like the FD is functioning correctly considering is was fitted to a car that was to make about 200hp.

If the boost level is kept to 6 psi and 300hp is expected at an AFR of 12/1 it will probably be close.

If so, you might then be able to shim the system pressure to get to where you need to be.

Shimming to increase system pressure dose increase fuel delivery as long as the fuel pump is not over worked. If there is still fuel returning to the tank, the pump is fine.

System Pressure can be tested as the same time the test is made without any issue during the flow test and is a good idea.

This is not a Lambda head so this dose not complicate things.

Have not been following closely so if I am off base, sorry about that.

Last edited by 911st; 01-20-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Old 01-20-2010, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)