View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Might just be crazy thinking.
Not crazy at all!

I gave this some serious thought a couple of years ago, but didn't do anything with it. I thought I could drop the system pressure down to the NA levels, re-tune the WUR for the best off-boost performance, then have a boost referenced regulator to bump the system pressure up with boost. Hoping for better AFR control.

The downfalls I found, is the original designers of the CIS system went to a lot of trouble to get very consistant system pressure, with the damper in the fuel system, and balance chambers in the head. The reaction to the pressure change may be slow, and may upset the overall balance of the system.

I would love to see a direct bolt-in digital fuel head replacement, with full digital control of each cylinder injector, bypassing the WUR and other components completely.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)