View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hello Brian,
The one I'm talking about is a spare I picked up off of Craigs list for $125. That was before I was schooled on how antiquated a 3ldz is.

So now I have a perfectly good working 3ldz on the car, and a spare that I will NEVER use.

I know there is NO play in the shaft, and NOTHING touches or rubs metal to metal at all. Nothing has ever been ingested into it, all bolt holes & studs intact, all flanges in good condition.

I just do not know how much spinning resistance a good working 3ldz should have? I mean I know the seals have to be imparting some "drag" or they could not seal out the oil. So how freely should it spin? I mean if I give it a quick twist with my fingers, how long should it continue to spin before slowing to a stop? 1 revolution? 2 revolutions? More?
Please tell me how it should feel to spin it, and I'll pull it out of the box tonight and check it out for you.

Mailing it to you would not be an issue. I would not want it returned...EVER!

If we agree that it might work for you, I'll mail it to you. Then you try it out first, if it works out for you, then simply pay me back for the shipping & reimburse me the $125 I paid for it.
If it doesn't work for you, then damn, it wouldn't have been much of a backup for me either. But repaying me for the shipping would be a nice gesture.
Mark
Old 01-21-2010, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)