View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
So now I have a perfectly good working 3ldz on the car, and a spare that I will NEVER use.Mark
Mark, you're still running with a stock 3LDZ on your car? I'm shocked and floored - actually, stupified to realize that not everyone has seen the need to upgrade to K27 versions.

I have my stock 3LDZ sitting on the shelf and just the other day pulled it out to check the "wiggle" (something I never did when I removed it years ago). It was working fine and not smoking, but it definitely has wiggle at both ends (not enough to rub the housings), and definitely is in need of a new thrust plate with lots of end-to-end movement. I just happen to have a set of bearings, thrust plate and seals from a K27 with minimal miles (long story)...maybe I'll put them in the 3L to 'freshen' it up if I ever put it back on the car. Ha!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)