View Single Post

Tried two different things unsuccessfully.

1. Added a 1 mm shim to increase FD pressure by 0.6 bar. That worked. Pressure was 5.6 bar but flow was about the same. According to the calculator from the link above, I should have expected about 9 ml more fuel per injector. I'm not measuring that accurately to detect 9 ml so this might have worked, but it seems I would need to increase to 160 psi (10.9 bar) to get 220 ml. Obviously need a new fuel distributor unless another injector may cause more flow (I think the injector issue is still open although narrowed down, as I explain at the bottom).

2. Had a spare FD that had been lying around for a while. It looks like an early '80s. Cleaned it up a bit and installed it. Now got around 200 ml/min/injector at 5 bar system pressure. Just by looking, I could tell it was flowing much more. However, this FD has a problem that it won't shut off. Cylinders 1, 2, 4, and 5 are always sending fuel even with the airflow plate is horizontal (even depressed it below level and it still kept sending fuel).

On the injector issue, here is what I found after spending some time searching on the net.

According to this site: Injector Opbrengst Bosch has the following injectors 0-437-502-xxx, where xxx is 003-007, 010, 012, 013, 015, 018, 022, 023, 043-047.

I looked at the 0-437-502-xxx series because the 004 is for the '79 SC's which could produce up to 209 HP.

According to saft7.com > Print > Daftar Lengkap: Flow-rate Fuel Injector, you can find out which other vehicles used these injectors. Everything from Peugeot, Volvo, BMW, Saab, Mercedes, Audi, Bentley and Ferrari. I looked for the highest HP/cylinder and found-- you guessed it-- the Porsche turbos 3.0/3.3/3.6 as the highest, so it's not worth looking at injectors from other vehicles in this series.

A final link: http://ecat-online.bosch.de/toc/
Select your language, then go right underneath WEB CATALOG, where it says Search Via, select Article Direct Search
This is a Bosch link where you can enter the injector number and you can find what vehicles used the injector.

Nowhere did I find any flow tests for the CIS injectors.

Last edited by Dr J; 01-23-2010 at 03:51 PM..
Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)