View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr J View Post
Tried two different things unsuccessfully.

1. Added a 1 mm shim to increase FD pressure by 0.6 bar. That worked. Pressure was 5.6 bar but flow was about the same. According to the calculator from the link above, I should have expected about 9 ml more fuel per injector. I'm not measuring that accurately to detect 9 ml so this might have worked, but it seems I would need to increase to 160 psi (10.9 bar) to get 220 ml. Obviously need a new fuel distributor unless another injector may cause more flow (I think the injector issue is still open although narrowed down, as I explain at the bottom).

Interesting thread :-)

I've got exactly the same behaviour on my 1991 C2T while I made my CIS tuning. Although I shimmed the head to increase the system fuel pressure ( from 6.8 to 7.8 bar ), I didn't get more fuel.

I kept the same fuel pressure adjustement and then I changed the front fuel pump ( I upgraded to bosch 044) ..... then I 've got more fuel !

If my understanding is correct, you have one single fuel pump right ? There is absolutely no doubt that the 930 and 964 C2T setup with dual fuel pumps is able to provide higher fuel low rate under exactly the same system fuel pressure...

Now, if you need much more fuel , new injectors with higher flow rate is "the" solution !
Old 01-23-2010, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)