View Single Post

Dr J.

Good general plan. If you do need more fuel, try lower control pressure and higher system pressure first. Then the fuel pump. Injectors & head next.

I would not think you would need the WUR. You will need custom control pressure settings and your pressure sensing WUR is probably a better fit with low boost suppercharger.

---

As you your variations with the second FD. Is the metering pin stuck?

Next, on the first FD the metering pin might not be traveling to its full potental. Check if when the metering plate is at full travel if the pin can move further.

Any easier way to check this might be to adjust the CO screw to an extreme rich setting and re run you quantity test. If you get more fuel, the pin is not going all the way.

On one of my turbos I had to detail the metering assembly to get full pin travel at some points of CO adjustment. At many points it did not mater, but at very lean CO settings I was not getting all the fuel I had available to me.

I guess what I am wondering is if the second FD was stored upside down and the pin froze at its max point and or if the first FD is not reaching its full delivery point.

Last edited by 911st; 01-23-2010 at 09:35 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)