View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Angry Cold weather starting problems ...

I fired the car up and took it out for a mid winter spin yesterday. I stopped to get gas and it didn't want to start after that. I cranked it 3 times for about 5 seconds at a time and it finally started on the third try. The oil temp was up to around 170, so basically the car was as warm as it was going to get on a cold day. It was about 35 degrees and dry outside.

I was afraid to touch the gas pedal because I didn't know if it was flooded, and didn't want to flood it more. I didn't smell any gas and it didn't blubber when it finally fired, so I'm not sure what is going on .... maybe it was starving for gas?

Another time it didn't want to fire up in the garage .... it was around 40 degrees out.

I've never had this prob in the warmer temperatures. All my fuel management is bone stock.

Anyone else have cold start issues?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)