View Single Post

Dave,

I love trying to overlay math to bracket concepts. However I am limited to a degree. I can use compute the length around a circle and use it to figure out how much to change the angle of a rear arm but I can not use that co-sign stuff.

What I did was take the 200hp number you came up with, increased it 50% to aproxamate a 300hp N/A motor and then added 10% for the extra fuel I guessed we would need for a low pressure supper charger.

That is kind of like moving the BFSC from the .45 to .50. It sounds like .the .50 is at the lower end of the supper charger range.

Then in the PS I tryed to recognize that CIS dose not have any compensation built in to alow for the resistance that will be created trying to inject pressurised fuel into a pressureized intake that will thus reduce the flow rate. I did miss the extra 35hp that the supper charger will have to to see to net 300. Thus, we need another 10% for that. So about .45x1.1x1.1x1.1= might equal .60 which is closer to the number you picked .

In all a semi-educated guesstimation.

Per you numbers it looks like we need about 476cc/min to 682cc/ min to support 100hp.

Some one else I read noted a CIS rule of thumb that it took about 500cc /min to support about 100hp. So we seem to be in the ball park.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)