View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
EmptyGarage,

What a great data set with boost data on an interesting build.

Looks like a .8 bar and a 1.15 bar (1.8 & 2.12 bar) boost setting made about 335 v 375hp.

That is 20% more boost yielding 11% more HP. Also, the .8 bar peak HP was at a higher rpm.

I am not an expert but something may have become a limitation. The 7006 has a great hot side and a K29 compressor should not fall off especially with EFI but something seems to be costing efficiency with more boost. (edited)

At least that is my guess.

Again, I am not an expert but I would think Groupe B cams would make there power at a little higher rpm possibly indicating some limitation.

Sorry, I can not help myself. Great build and data.
Your right on . I was interested in that car also. I spoke with Chris@turbokraft who had the car for getting it set up after years of non use. He thought a Garrett turbo along with EVO cams and more fuel up top and better intercooler would compliment what he thought was a great build otherwise. After finding out how much more to spend to get it finished, I decided to keep the one which I just put up the dyno sheet for, as it was a fresh build earler 930 (1979). Also the leak down numbers varied on that other one.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-24-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Old 01-24-2010, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)