View Single Post

Garage
914 Newbie 1st post

Hello, I'm new to 914's. I've read this forum for a long time( I love it), & will be getting a 914 in the near future. I've got a 2.6ltr T4 short block that I was going to put in my 71 Super Beetle, but decided that a teener would be a better recipient for that motor.

Here are some specs on the motor so far:

1.8 l block bored for 103 P/C's
78 mm stroke C/W crank
Rabbit rods from European Motorworks
E grind cam from European Motorworks
1/2 through bolts
30 mm Melling oil pump
2 ltr. bus heads 42x36 valves (still up in the air)
Stock cylinder & oil cooling for now

Here's where the questions come in:

I'm not sure what to do for fuel delivery; could the L jet FI work with my motor? Could the cam lend it self for use with the L jet??
Should I try a CIS ( do-it-yourself from PUP). Which CIS would work?? Or, should I just go with Webbers/Dells. I want this car just as a weekend driver.
My preference would be the K jet, but I wouldn't know which car to get it from. For me this would be trial and error unfortunately. I've been reading the book ' Bosch Fuel Injection Systems', written by Forbes Aird; published by HP Books. From what I've read, I really like the K jet with out the Lambda sensor. I'd like to keep it as electronics free as possible, but I'm open to look at all suggestions. Although I don't want to spend crazy money on an FI system like CB's.

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post. I hope to aquire as much knowledge as possible from everyone here.

I hope to have my 914 by the time my 32nd birthday comes around next month. I've wanted a 914 for the past 20 years. I'm pretty exited.

Thanks again,

Eddie Brown.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)