View Single Post

I was at Barrett-Jackson, saw a couple of the Porsche's in question (the white/red '87 930, the red/black FrankenMonster SC targa, and an '83 SC cab...also saw the Ruf'd 993 Targa but didn't pay it much mind), and all I have to say is WOW!!!

That 930 has been on eBay and craigslist over the past year and scared me then b/c of the boxed rockers and admission of paint work...in person it was decent at best, with a very clean, likely re-dyed interior, and obvious paint work on the driver's quarter, passenger door and hood (window seals all jacked up on left quarter glass and rear window, horrid wavy bodywork on pass door, greener tint to white on hood). It was hammered sold at $38k, which in my opinion/experience is about all the money for a perfect 930, which this was not! And that doesn't even take into account the 10% buyer AND seller premiums that B-J sucks outta the deal...

The SC targa w/ the widebody conversion and slant kit w/ 928 headlights was/is the kinda Porsche that at first glance makes you laugh out loud and cry inside...and it only got worse from there as I got closer. I didn't see it go across the block and can't get my head around that number, as I wouldn't have paid $5000 for that abortion!

And then there was an 83 SC cab that had some miles (78 or 80), needed some help on the driver's seat and top, and had some nasty paintwork on the front.

Bottom line, none of these cars were that nice (the SC slant being the antithesis of nice, despite a claimed 11k miles) and they all seemed to bring serious money, proving I guess that a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place. Or as P.T. Barnum famously said...

I'm thinking we all pool together and next year rent us a fleet of semis, sell all our cars to fools with more money than brains/taste, and retire to the islands. Who's with me?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)