View Single Post
Turbofrog

Oh boy, your brain must have ADHD syndrome over CIS : ), but it's ok.

I really enjoy reading you mindstorms mostly because I'm a 930 noob and just learning how this engine works and your writings are IMO good 101 material mostly (after possible mistakes have been edited).

One thing I have not seen explained in deep sofar is using those extra injectors for extra fuel. I've read they do not work like they should and are considered even dangerous because of non equal flow of fuel per cylinder? If the spray is nicely atomisized I would think it would follow the airflow pretty closely and also HELP those cylinders that have most air (leanest). This tought came from thinking of water/meth injection as those systems use high pressures and special nozzles to have nice mist of w/m. I'm thinking if the extra injectors would have nice enough mist (wonder if the cc would be enough) it could actually work richening the lean cylinders?

The stock injectors have more like spray so different extra injectors would be needed and I dunno if any are suitable for high volume mist.

I would not use water/meth for extra power but for cooling and safety. It could be used for more power but if it stops working 100% the engine would be in trouble. Safety features (leds and triggers) with w/m kits are nice but I would't trust them with my engine.

Last edited by smurfbus; 01-27-2010 at 11:15 AM..
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)