Thread: 044 fuel pump
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
I also read that it is not good to put two in series because the first one will put to much pressure on the back one and burn them out.
That's just not true IMHO. The factory did it - even on some of the N/A cars - and Bosch advise it if necessary.

All CIS pumps are fine running in series. The flow rate drops as the regulated pressure goes up - but the first pump makes it easier for the second pump, because the inlet pressure is already higher, and the flow isn't just gravity.

A bad pump will cause problems because it can restrict flow through it, and thus the inlet to the other pump.

Quote:
Anyone running two 044 and what are the results.
Thanks John
I'm not. A single 044 supports 400 FWHP for me. In fact, the probably-original, single 'S' pump in a 250,000 mile tub gave perfectly good AFR's with a stock-ish RoW 930.

Merv was running a pair of 044's IIRC, but his car was far from stock.

I think pumps will only help if you have a problem with your pumps, like they cannot sustain the required flow. Measure your flow rate.

A pair of 044's would sustain good flow rates at a higher system pressure than the stock setup - but if you don't need that, it won't do you much good.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)