View Single Post
porschesaur

Well howdy sir,

I was presented with the oppurtunity to buy a custom order original paint kelley green 73S (complete with original steering wheel bagged in the trunk) with history for $9,500 in 82ish and sold the 71E locally the very same afternoon for $10K to an autocross champ (now that's the way to move up, no monetary pain!) who in turn sold it to a friend of mine who passed it down to his son who put a ...I'm thinking a 2.7 in it at about the 200k plus mile mark leaving , the entire 2.2L engine/trans at the shop and motoring off with no further interest in it. Somehow Pat Williams got this unit complete years ago from that shop. The motor morphed into something sporty for sure but the entire contents of the trans I rowed so enthusiastically in my yut' in my first 911 still does business to this day in Pat's personal ride below - a 68 912 converted to a lightweight 911.

As for that 73S, I'm going to post a picture to the kelley green thread here of the "remains" that hang in my shop - as a testimony to folly of personalization when studied in the rear view mirror through the unblinking eye of history. This car was ordered by a local attorney essentially as a narrow bodied 2.7RS at the same time he got a black S for the missus with absolutely every last option available, including sportomatic, trim rings on the wheel openings and sport Recaro's.

1950 Vincent Rapide - A Red Rapide Experience -

Last edited by Peter Guldan; 01-27-2010 at 03:32 PM..
Old 01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)