View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen930 View Post
That car does not look well taken care of, especially for 27K. I am not even sure I believe it is a turbo....
It's obviously a turbo as it shown by the engine compartment and the serial number. CAr is early Turbo Carrera. May not look so hot, but maybe the records tell another story. Also appears to be al there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen930 View Post
Empty, if I can give you one piece of advice from someone who bought their car off EBay, don't go there unless this person is also listing the car here and is known. unfortunately I didn't know about this board when I bought mine and ended up with a money pit.
I have seen quit a few clan, well maintained and modified cars here for sale. In the long run I would highly suggest paying a little bit of a premium to find one of the nicer examples from an owner on this board. Trust me paying 35K for a nice one here will save you 10K over buying a 25K car on EBay. Just my $20000 advice from someone who knows.
Stephen
Good advice for the most part. However, not everyone who owns a Turbo or happens to be selling one is a member of this board. There are some ghood cars/deals on ebay from time to time.. you just need to know what you're looking for, or have the car checked out by someone who does. Can you say PPI
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)