View Single Post

911st,

On the advice of one of the grand masters of turbo engines, I used stock rods, properly balanced, rebushed and resized, with ARP bolts; bearing clearances were individually measured and adjusted. Because I observe a rev limit at or very close to the factory redline, there's no need for Carillos or other aftermarket rods. If I planned on a 7800+ RPM NA motor, things might be different, but this engine runs out of steam in the mid 6K range anyway, so there was no need for that. One of the nice things about a turbo motor is that it runs at a relatively low rotational speed. All the high rpm mods that people do (like boat tailing the case and knife-edging the crank), as well high-end rods, are not necessary for an engine like this. I decided that I'd rather take the thousands spent on those mods and put them into things that really matter to this engine, like intake and head flow improvements, a top level exhaust system, proper turbocharger, and especially comprehensive tuning.

Last edited by Rob 930; 01-29-2010 at 07:51 AM..
Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)