View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesb930 View Post
Do a search. There have been a lot of reported failures of this brand of header. Most issues involve stress cracks at the welds. I would also be very concerned at what I see inside. It looks sloppy and I doubt it was back gas welded. If any slag is left in the pipe and it comes free your turbo Willl not be happy. Walk away and contact Brian (RarlyL8 on this forum) and he Willl set you up with a proper set of headers at a reasonable price.

His contact info (no affiliation)
RarlyL8 Motorsports - 930 Turbos and Exhaust Systems
ph: (256)698-4992 Email: Brian@RarlyL8.com

Bill
you right but as we known obx is a low budget header. so as you can see its not Reddy to install it. there are a few things i Will do before installing it.
I Will go into the pipes with a small cam (hd) to check the weldings and slag an make it clean. when i mount the header i Will check en fix stress. in the pipes it looks better accept the place where the turbo fits. i do not expect it Will live forever. with in two year i Will afford a special one, after a motor rebuild.
I feel not cheated for this price. and there are people giving good comments for this header. but don't expect the world from this header. sorry for the bad spell,as i am a Dutch man...
I will post the movie.
Thanks for the comments

Last edited by klefroid; 01-29-2010 at 01:40 AM..
Old 01-29-2010, 01:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)