View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
Using the K27 eliminates a lot of special fabrication but at a cost.
Your motor is very impressive in scope, certainly past what I would call a basic grassroots boosted project. Is there a reason why you stayed with the 9.3:1 C.R.?
I like the CAC and W/M injection. What is your water nozzle rating and max pump pressure? What boost level?
I did my EFI conversion at the same time as a top end rebuild with only a vague notion of turbocharging the car at a later time. I actually went with 9.5:1 JE pistons with the 98mm cylinders but the actual compression is less with the twin plug machining and chamfering of the heads. I would love to drop compression further to up boost and corresponding horse power but the rest of the engine, transmission, and suspension are not up to the task, not to mention my marriage.
I am currently running 0.5 bar boost with an in cabin adjustable boost controller. I can't remember the exact water/methanol flow. I am using the Vari-Cool II system by Coolingmist with a single nozzle immediately after the intercooler.

Last edited by sjf911; 01-29-2010 at 09:04 AM..
Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)