View Single Post

Shane feel free to PM or email me any time as I am doing the same as you are questioning.
This is my 2nd go at this, but this time decided to keep it simple and not do EFI.
AS others have said, it is difficult to keep it cheap. Just to give you an idea, I am very cautious with my spending and have been sourcing all of the necessary 930 parts to make the upgrade. So I have been looking for deals etc, and have a very good idea of the going prices for many of the parts required.
I have also been keeping a running total of costs and after 1.5+ yrs of sourcing parts, I know I am in over $3K already. Now would I have been better just buying a 930 engine, maybe, but I know my engine and recently had a top end done.
Now, I spent a little more for the 993 HEs (flipped flanges) and the M&K "Y" pipe, so if you use 930 HEs/J pipe and muffler you will save some money there.
Like others said it is all of the little things that 0.05 and 0.10 you and adds up fast! (not to mention the s&h for each part). Try to find parts as complete as possible.

Yes, go the factory scavenge system if you can, but you do not need the tank as you can use some AN hoses and fittings to dump back into the engine.

FYI There is a guy here parting a 930 engine, who would sell you a bunch of the parts you need. In fact would probably give you a great deal if you buy everything, plus you would save on shipping!
-1978 911 SC TURBO, Minerva Blue Targa 965 update.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 01-29-2010, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)