View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slantnose Steve View Post
I really enjoy my '89 with the 5 speed with the hydraulic clutch. Now that I've had the engine completely rebuilt, I'm gonna enjoy it a lot more. It runs like a friggin' watch. You won't find a better bunch of guys than the Pelicans on this site with their 930 turbos, regardless of the model year. They'll support you and help get you through any mechanical problems which might crop up with your car. If I had the cash to pony up for another Porsche, I would buy the nicest 993 twin turbo that I could afford...ya gotta love those air cooled motors!
Steve,
Thanks for the support! I know the Pelican guys are cats arse on here, and I wouldn't think to ask anyone else for their info/support.
As far as the 89 930 that I'm interested in goes, I spoke to the mechanic who has known this car for the last 10 years, and he says it is in excellent shape.
I know turbos are costlier to work on than a non turbo, but are they slightly more or significantly more? I just don't want to run into a HUGE bill for repairing a 930 that I intend to treat like a queen!!!

I guess now would be a great time to ask 930 owners what their repair bills have been like compared to a non turbo.
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)