View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawson2 View Post
Steve... That's some poetic writing... right from the Paul Krasusky school of automotive editorial prose!

However, I gotta throw in my 2 cents here. As far as turbo cars go, the 930 is really very simple. Think of all the crap you DON'T have to maintain... power steering pumps and hydraulics... water pumps, radiators, hoses, heater cores, complex exhaust systems... the list goes on. These cars are pretty bare-bones. With the exception of the possibility of nagging CIS issues, there's just not much to it. Ironically, the 930 is the best running CIS car I've ever owned, hands down. I have yet to have any issue. It starts/runs perfect hot or cold... unusual for CIS cars, and I've owned a lot of them. (Just in case you don't know what I'm babbling about, CIS is an early generation of Bosch fuel injection)

The down side is that some things are hard to get to (valve adjustments), and the engine has to come out for some services.

I've owned and played with a bunch of turbo cars, and in my opinion, the 930 is pretty easy to deal with. Just buy the right one to begin with. I looked at quite a few before finding this one. She runs like a top, everything works perfect (including the A/C), and she doesn't leak a drip of anything EVER.

Good luck...

Yeah Steve, some pretty interesting writing...but I like it! LOL!
My wife wouldn't want me owning a car that bleeds me dry...nor would I for that matter. Guess I better get a very good PPI done then.
Question DJ...what is the cost from a garage to drop the engine out? Is it a big job? How many hours to do that?
The 930 I am looking at is Forest Green as well...which is why I was interested in pics of your car. Where did you get the wheels/tires from? That seems like a decent price WITH tires?

Last edited by wurls; 01-29-2010 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)