View Single Post

Send a message via Skype™ to djdawson2
Fortunately (for me) I couldn't comment on the cost for a shop to remove the engine, because this is work I'd perform on my own. I'm afraid you'd have to ask someone who relies on a good shop for their service. I haven't yet pulled my 930 engine, but based on my experience with similar rear engined vehicles, I'd be surprised if it took more than 3 to 4 hours to remove... quite possibly less for an experienced wrench.

I think you can do better than I did on the wheels/tires. I was inexperienced, and perhaps exhibited premature ejaculation of the wallet. There are reputable rebuilders of the Speedline wheels on this forum... just do a posting if you get to that point, and I'm sure you'll get responses.

Let's put it this way (when considering a 930), after I bought and drove it around northern CA, I was kicking myself wondering why I had waited so long. I'm 45... I should have done this 10 years ago, at least. If it isn't too much of a financial stretch... do it now. You'll regret it if you don't. The good news with older P-cars, you don't take a major depreciation hit... IF you keep your mods simple and enjoy the car as-is. They can absolutely be money pits (if you get into major mods) that you will never recover. I could have easily afforded a 930 years ago, but didn't allow myself the "luxury." And yes, I now feel stupid for not doing it sooner.

Another couple of pics of Forest Green for you to look at... just for fun. These were both taken on the road that follows the North Rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison in Colorado... an amazing road, taken on my "scenic route" trip back from California after buying the car:

Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)