View Single Post

People keep saying the SC give more low end and the C2 more top end.

I suspect this has more to do with how people are timing them when they set up there motors.

SC can be timed to make peak HP at any where from 5500 (most do this) to 6000rpm or so.

The C2 cams having more lift I am guessing can not be advanced as much with out worrying about clearance. The C2's make peak at about 6100rpm I understand of timed to stock N/A specs.

I think the SC dose have a bit higher effective compression so that might be part of it.

------

Also, as to the Groupe B cam, I thought is was more of a high rpm cam. I suspect is can be timed that way but it seems the Group cams made peak HP at 5500 unless that was miss leading info.

They also said they made about 360hp at 1 - 1.3 bar.

.9 bar on a prepped 930 motor of such a build can make 390-400hp.

Take it to 1.3 bar and 450+ hp could be possible with fire rings, inter-cooler, cams, zork, and 1.3 bar if they could use a larger turbo and or open up the intake ports a bit.

If anyone has more info on the actual Group B builds I would love to see it. Might be fun to build a vintage/DE car along the same specs. Especially if it has a boost knob between the seats.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)