View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECARREAPER View Post
may i ask a question? : if the Porsche Exclusive program was in effect in 1986, why would there still be Sunderwunsch slopenose cars made in 1986-1987? were those cars different for other reasons other than the slopenose package?
You are correct. The program existed for customers with deep pockets to order anything that wasn't offered as a production option. The slopenose are just the most notable of those features. Custom colors, interior customization, motors were just some of the areas of customizing at Werke I Facility.

also, from what the article stated, the basis for the package was the " Turbo Look " m491 package. that means you could have a factory, non turbo slopenose back then. i would imagine most of the customers wanted the real Turbo.

I have heard of those vehicles, but never seen one up close to verify its authenticity.

are there any numbers published on the slopenose Turbo look factory cars? i have the Porsche Turbo look numbers ( M491) and the above scan that shows the 930 turbo slopenose ( m505 /m506) cars, but what about FACTORY, non turbo slopenose numbers????

My understanding is that if there were Slantnose Carreras they would have been included in the total slantnose numbers shown above since those numbers represent the total number of conversions done by the Exclusive Programme. I also believe that there were no M505/M506 turbo-look Carreras since the slantnose option was only available for 930's. The slantnose Carreras would have to have gone through the Exclusive Programme as a special order (no option code).

has there been anything published on the Porsche Exclusive production codes, or how many cars they made under that specific program?
Well, this is where things get really nasty. As I stated earlier, these features ordered by the customer and implemented by the Exclusive Programme where items NOT on the factory order sheets. So, no option codes existed at the time. So all the customer had was the Exclusive Programme order sheet, which was often nothing more than a typed order describing the mods and samples if necessary, and the factory then determined if they wanted to take on the project. The only way of verifying the cars of this era, outside of the order form, is to look at the parts and note the special stampings the factory put on them.

i find this whole era, and the programs fascinating. the real 930 and Turbo Look slopenose cars built under these programs, are truly special ! the thought of having such a well made, custom built cars is amazing. Ferrari and Lamborghini never had anything close to this.

Me too. These cars are like finding ancient documents of bygone era. The more you dig, the more you realize how special they are.

Thank You.
I responded in BLUE above.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 01-31-2010 at 06:58 AM..
Old 01-31-2010, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #242 (permalink)