View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
I am wondering if it is in our deffenition of what low end is?
That's the million dollar question!

Everyone's definition of low-end is different, and the stock 930 cams are probably matched well to the stock 32mm intake ports and the 3ldz turbo. Probably a good compromise package for emissions, street durability and liability due to the power in an 'unstable' car.

I've always wondered if Porsche designed the engine around the restrictive cat and muffler they had to use for US emissions? Keeping the power level around the flow mandated by exhaust? All I know, is when I bolt on the stock cat and muffler on my setup, it's completely gutless.

Once you change one component, the others should follow for a balanced package. If you compared a stock 930 with a better muffler, to a SC cam/K27/muffler setup, the stock setup would probably build more torque off idle, but be quickly offset by the smooth build up of power for the SC/K27 setup.

It's all perception.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)