View Single Post

Since this started in California......

First, for what it is worth, the Gruppe B cams won't pass California emission testing, unless you know how to apply a combination of special tricks. I went through all this stuff almost 20 years ago when I was building my first special 930.

Second, errr Kremer built quite a few cars, yes. The brothers were also great salesmen. Please, just because it is in writing, don't believe everything stated. For a start... the secs on that car.. WOW.. great, isn't it? Now.. .look again.. They changed a lot of things and make some nice performance claims. I will ask one simple question and you can have a ball trying to figure out how it would be possible... Look at the claimed 0-60 and TOP speed.. and note how they increased acceleration by swapping R&P. So, what is WRONG with these figures, unless they built a "miracle" engine?

Last, over the years Ruf made a lot of performance gains with intense engineering and backed them up on the Autobahn. His firm did a LOT with ..among other things.. cams. His Gruppe B cams really work. There is amazing attention to detail on how they made their cams. Things like how they angle the ramps all make a difference to performance and few if another cam grinders seem to pay attention to this. Back when I was building my first big time 930 I aquired a new set of his cams and reluctantly had to resell them out of state to an enthusiast who didn't have to deal with the strict California smog testing. They simply wouldn't pass with the other technology we had available at that time. I have remained a big fan.

Keep the boost up.
JR
Old 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)