View Single Post

oops....

Just noted Paul B's post. Sorry Paul, wouldn't have stated as posted had I spotted your post first. Nice to see that someone on this side of the pond IS aware and working to get the cams right. I am not sure I agree that the 964 cam is the absolute best [but I will claim to have been the first independent here to use them in my built 930.] I also need to say that I use these in my present 930. .. But there is better stuff out there if I ever decide I want to drop a lot of money..again.. on this old beast. Frankly, I am pretty much tapped out on pouring more $$ into it when I have difficultly using much of it's potential as it is. Still, it is nice to know there is more available.

You can sometimes get hints about alternatives and how they work in some of the Factory information. It is increasingly difficult to get this info tho. I used to subscribe to Christophorus just for the once in a while detailed technical article with information you would find nowhere else. The publication is now pretty much fluff. Porsche Engineering makes some information available online but is oriented to people subscribing to their very expensive website. You will sometimes find great info in Race Car Engineering magazine, as well as buried in interviews in Excellence and Porsche Panorama. I have found amazing tidbits in these places.

Enough.
JR
Old 01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)