View Single Post

1979 930 - Is this the car for me?

Good afternoon everyone. I posted this is market place questions, but perhaps it's better suited here. I am new here and relatively new to Porsche's. Up until recently, I owned an '08 Boxster, but have never owned a 911. We are getting ready to relocate back to Arizona (Scottsdale), and I've decided to buy either an SC or a 3.2 Carrera as a daily driver. I work out of my home for the most part, so it won't be a commuter car, but it will get used almost daily. I stumbled across this car and had a conversation with the original owner yesterday. He is selling it for the 2nd owner. He felt that this car was "too much" car for my needs. I have two questions, 1) is it too much car? and 2) is the $32K price realistic? He said that he has spent a fortune modifying this 930. The Franz Blam total rebuild was performed at 12,000 miles. The description is as follows:

1979 930 Turbo. Original paint, 48,000 miles, Franz Blam 350 HP built motor!

This Turbo is impeccable. I purchased it new, and am offering it for sale for the second owner. It has a paper trail for every service, and part from new. It has an interesting history, its fast, and near perfect. No disappointments!

Thanks for your advice.

Steve

Old 01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)