View Single Post
Stranger on the Internet

There is no such thing as "low buck". You will pay one way or another, and be doing a really lot of R&D you didn't plan on. I am getting my tub back together soon, so I will have a BAE rev 3.0 thread soon.

You can either go really cheap, like Thad Suter did, or really expensive (hate to say it, but like I did). Live and learn. However, before I broke up the oil ring on #5at Watkins Glen, I was making around 275 RWHP at 5+ PSI boost, and the thing drove like a regular SC at low end because of the 8.5 pistons. The rebuild has special turbo mod JE 8:5 pistons, which are giving me a final static CR of 8.38:1. I would not go any higher on static without electronic ignition, EFI and boost control. Mine is stone age CIS, like most everyone here. My investment in CIS ultimately cost more than going EFI, but I am a stubborn purist...if one can bastardize a turbo setup and be called a purist. BTW, everyone on this board brings something to the table, and they are a great resource.

Here is rev 3.0:

Knock sensors...part of the J&S Safeguard unit going in:

The new Borg-Warner turbo:

Old 01-31-2010, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)