View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by klefroid View Post
Mis-behave ... mm there is something strange but it's not hole the time
but when i accelerate a bit and it release my peddle instead of slowing down he first accelerate a second and then slow down normally. do you understand what I'm trying to explain? it's difficult for me to find the exact words... i do my best
When wide open throttle, pedal to the metal and on boost, the warmup regulator will enrichen the mixture quite a bit. So, if you let off partially on the throttle the boost pressure will be diverted and the engine will lean out momentarily...which may cause a brief acceleration as you discribe. I don't notice that in my car, but then I've got it pretty well tuned in with an adjustable WUR. Your car might be too rich either on or before boost, I suppose. Or perhaps just the opposite is happening with too lean on boost and getting richer when you let off.

That's my guess, anyway. Anybody else got any input?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)