View Single Post

[

Second, errr Kremer built quite a few cars, yes. The brothers were also great salesmen. Please, just because it is in writing, don't believe everything stated. For a start... the secs on that car.. WOW.. great, isn't it? Now.. .look again.. They changed a lot of things and make some nice performance claims. I will ask one simple question and you can have a ball trying to figure out how it would be possible... Look at the claimed 0-60 and TOP speed.. and note how they increased acceleration by swapping R&P. So, what is WRONG with these figures, unless they built a "miracle" engine?

Keep the boost up.
JR[/QUOTE]

It does seem Manfred wanted it both ways. The car might do 192 if it had the stock 3.7 and still had the 480 FWHP as tested w/open exhaust. With the 4.10 gears ( as it left Kremer ) around 160MPH is more realistic, with the emissions and exhaust system installed to pass, it is probably more like 350 RWHP @ a safe 1.0 bar, by my estimate, when I compare its grunt with another I just had on the dyno. However I have had it around Road America at 1.3 bar with 110 gas which makes it noticabily quicker. It is pretty quick thru the gears for a street build in 1984 trim with the lighter body and shorter final drive.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-01-2010 at 05:34 AM..
Old 01-31-2010, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)