View Single Post

There are a couple of things you might try in the mean time.

Did you change out your Wast Gate spring for a lower boost spring? If not you have a .8 bar stock spring and the EBC is not doing a thing for you. If you set the EBC at just a little over the WG it will keep the WG closed a little tighter as you get near full boost. Thus it should help you at about 3000rpm a bit.

I see you have a D-WUR. I made my own 7 years ago and used it to adjust my AFR's so I was 14.5 at idle, droped with any acceleration to 13/1 untill boost came on for max power.

I also used what I called a 'drop and catch' strategy. I started by noting my manfold vac at idle and freeway cruse. In the program cells just out side that I dramitically lowered control pressure. This got the metering plate moving as fast as it phylicall could with acceleration. Then after a manfold vaccum started to recover I rased control pressure only as much as I needed to maintain normal AFR's and keep it from going to rich.

This made a significant difference in improving my pre boost response.

Again-- turbos do not like resistance after the turbine or before the compressor intake. This strategy reduces the intake restriction enough to be felt.

Your twin plug ignition curve may be suspect. Get the specs on it. Twin plugging on its own should make for a significant improvement off idle.

It really seems like you need someone that really knows what you are working with to get it all dialed in.

You have a great set up as it is and it should be a lot more responsive than a stock C2 Turbo.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)