View Single Post

Steve,

If you plan on making that 930 your daily driver, especially in the Phoenix area, you will need to do a couple of things with it. As Reaper stated, you will need to spend at least three or four thousand dollars on upgrading the AC. I live in Tucson which is on average about five to eight degrees cooler than the Phoenix area in the summer, and even here is too hot for the stock AC. Secondly, you will need to tint the windows...Including, possibly a good tint strip along the top of the windshield, because the sun will bake the interior and the interior will take much longer to cool down once you start driving it if your windows aren't tinted. Thirdly, you may need to upgrade your oil coolers, or at a minimum, add fans to one or more of them, as stop and go traffic will make your oil temp peg around the red if you don't. Lastly, you may want to change those mirrors over to the stock ones. The stock ones work pretty good, and I would guess you will need pretty good mirrors around all of that insane traffic around greater Phoenix.

The nice thing about the 930 is it can be either a nurturing brunette or a wild red head. It just depends on whether you stick your foot in it (and hold it there) or not. The SC nor the 3.2 have absolutely nothing on the 930.

If you do buy it, you will come to that place like the rest of us...Where we just love looking at it's wide crouched front end and it's incredibly big fat a$$ (I just can't figure out why I like it's big a$$ when I like my brunettes and red heads with nice tight little ones...Woops, too much information, here! lol).

Good luck, Steve!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)