View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
What does your ignition curve look like? What type of crankfire ignition you running, Electromotive? Are you using the vacuum advance feature?
I bought the crankfire kit from Clewett Engineering. The following is listed on the invoice: XDi-2 Ignition System dual plug, Rotary A/C pulley w. 2 bar map sensor

I don't know, what the ignition curve looks like and I am not sure, if I am using the vacuum advance feature. How can I find out about both and how should they be set? Can you please post your settings.

The WG spring is 0.6 bar (instead of the 0.7 bar as stated above) and the EBC is currently switched to the off position, which means that the solenoids are fully open. I haven't figured out how to set the EBC yet as I seem to be having issues reading the correct boost (see Blitz Boost Controller thread).

The engine was tuned to run rich under boost side since it needs to be broken in. It will go back for final tuning after the car has been driven for a few hundred miles. The car is still at the garage as I want everything to be sorted out before I pick it up.

I truly appreciate everybody's input as I am not familiar with the CIS system. Please keep the info coming.

Cheers,

Patrick
Old 02-01-2010, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)