View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinsko View Post
If I understand this correctly, the timing can be more aggressive with EFI than with CIS. If this is the case, what would be a safe level for my setup?
If you wanted to spend the money on quality crank fire CDI ignition, you could get some great torque numbers with CIS. Despite some of its limitations, CIS is a great platform even 30 years later.

You really can't do too much to the stock ignition system and that's a big problem when tuning for peak torque and HP. Leave it stock unless you get a quality system. And although Richard Clewett is tops in the Porsche world, the wasted spark system that Electromotive builds is nowhere as good as the stock CDI - even though you can set a timing curve. Given the choice, I would always opt for the stock CDI system over a wasted spark because of spark energy and the quality of Electromotive.

And yes, my 36 degrees is up to about 3000 rpm. At WOT, its closer to 18 degrees.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)