View Single Post
Infidel

Cheers for the help chaps, just got back from the garage and the guys are saying much the same, my set up is pretty good as it is, and i wouldn't gain enough to make it worth the effort, so i'll stick with what i have for now!
I needed new disks up front and thought now would be the time to change, but the fronts are pretty much the same as the big reds so no real point.
I don't do much track work, probably one or two track days a year. What i do get involved with is VMax days, basically flat out runs on a 2 mile runway, getting up around 190mph and then having to stop pretty quick, so that's the main reason for the extra stopping power, but it's stopped fine in the past so no bother.

What i did find out though was that my rear calipers are actually not the fronts i thought they were!! I did the brake change when my car was being looked after by 9m (ninemeister) here in the UK, and was charged for the 993 C4 front calipers, and the work required to fit the 930 fronts on the rear. The absolute arseholes have done nothing with the rears, and sold my fronts!!!!!!
They've sold all the stuff that came off my car including my old, but perfect condition, euro headers along with lots of other bits. They also sold a load of Ruf parts of a guys car who i know and never told him, luckily they sold them to another guy i know and i put them both in touch. They did the same with a set of GHL headers off another mates car!

If i didn't have enough hatred for 9m before, then now my blood is really boiling!! Is it normal practice for garages to sell customers parts and pocket the money?
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)