View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Don't forget the one off 1989 slope nose owned by Robert Linton. This car had more options than any factory car built to date. IIRC he said it took 54 cow hides to complete the interior, including the leather faced and silk screened gauges and every square inch of everything else covered in leather. Not to mention the custom Stereo and rain sensor that raised the roof automatically upon detection of any rain.

I believe he said with the magnesium boost knob Hp could be safely raised to over 500 hp from the factory and it had a 6 speed tranny using many 959 parts. Has to be one of the nicest Porsche's ever made.
There is a writeup on the car in Henry Rassmussen, "Porsche- Six Cylinder Supercars". At least, it sounds like the same car.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #251 (permalink)