View Single Post
A new breed

Here are some custom bolts I made to put coilovers on the narrowed beam. The bearing on the coilovers the Stephen got have an oddball bearing, that measures .588" (I made custom spacers to go from this size to a 1/2" bolt for the rear and lower front mount). So instead of running a bolt with a spacer on it, I figured I would make something a little stronger that looks a little cleaner. The bolt itself is 4130 chromoly, all corners lightly radiused to prevent any stress risers, and the suspension load is transferred entirely into the chromoly piece. The other side is just an aluminum spacer that holds the shock in place (side to side, it's a clamp) allows for some misalignment (same as on the chromoly side, cut at 30 degrees .130" in depth), that uses a counter sunk bolt to keep the spacer in place and provide a flush clean look.

And here it is installed. I added another mount 3/4" lower to gain a little bit of suspension droop at Stephen's desired ride height.

And here it is outside before going home for a bit.

Now it's time for bed. Any questions I will be happy to answer, and I will check back in tomorrow night. Probably late again as my days have been long at the shop lately.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)