View Single Post

That is where the d.c is at right now, all the big stuff is fabbed in and the truck is back at my shop while Seth (mad skillz fabricator) builds up some Mercedes race car or something.
The build list:
Engine- used 84 3.2 modified to lower profile to fit under seat by cutting and turning intake manifold. 993 heat exchanger with rotated flanges to face the opposite (correct!) direction.

Suspension- 90 944s2 donated torsion housing, Brembo brakes, front spindles(welded onto the ball joint front end from first build) master cylinder, transaxle and rear aluminum arms which I swapped out for 86 944 arms to reduce offset.
Lightly used Bilstein coil-overs to increase spring rates front and rear(still running torsion bars)

Full cage- If you have driven in a bus you would see the merit in this verses the downside of street driven cage vehicles.

The double cab is my daily driver so all build design decisions were made with this intended use: reliable/ carry kids (two minimum, custom back seat will get headrests,shoulder belts)/carry 1000# plus loads, the rear shock rocker system was designed to extend travel to 7", 3" droop, 4'' compression at ride height./brake and handle reasonably well (for a truck!)/ outrun aggressively driven farm tractors.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)