View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
We are lucky to have Steve Wong to burn chips for us if needed.
Yes we are, I'm thank full for that and will be keeping that option open.

In the meantime I'm interested in learning more about the inner workings of Motronic system.

It seems that most people doing EFI conversions on their 930 are going to aftermarket systems where they can program their own fuel and timing maps. This makes sense when you need to buy pretty well everything, but for those that already have a working Motronic EFI system, well why not use it.

There is a lot of bad rap about the Motronic and the barn door restricting flow but for a modest build I don't see that as much of an issue. Look at the race cars that are forced to use restrictor plates, they seem to be able to work around this problem with the location of the restrictor (see pg 121 Bruce Anderson 3 edition) " Several teams figured out that they could run the correct size restrictor as far as they could get it away from the throttle, and they could almost eliminate the effect of the restrictor"
Less intake restriction is better but at what cost?

Getting off topic again, lol

This leads me back into the Blow through VS Suck debate.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)