View Single Post

Subd,
The only experience I have with Protomotive systems was not a nice one. From a marketing perspective, I look at Protomotive as the garage that makes a great product for the guy who has gobs of money and says "heres my car, make it fast." Now for guys like us, the system (in my opinion) is not optimal because you must rely on them to tune the car. I think it would be far easier and cheaper to learn how to tune a stand alone and adapt it to our cars. Stand alones are not that hard to hook up if one knows what they are doing and the tuning knowledge learned from our cars can be applied to anything else that has a stand alone. The only draw back to learning to tune on our cars is the fact that they are rather fragile (not to mention expensive) in comparison to cars like Mitsubishi Evos and Eclipses.
The Protomotive solution works great, but if you want to tweak your car yourself, it is not optimal in my opinion. There is also the cost factor- for the amount of money for a pressure sensing setup- you can get a Haltech p2000 and have every thinkable in/output for a car and tune them where on the proto setup you can't as it is limited to 1980's technology with their spin on it.
my .02
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)