View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Subd,
" Now for guys like us, the system (in my opinion) is not optimal because you must rely on them to tune the car. I think it would be far easier and cheaper to learn how to tune a stand alone and adapt it to our cars. Stand alones are not that hard to hook up if one knows what they are doing and the tuning knowledge learned from our cars can be applied to anything else that has a stand alone.

The Protomotive solution works great, but if you want to tweak your car yourself, it is not optimal in my opinion. There is also the cost factor- for the amount of money for a pressure sensing setup- you can get a Haltech p2000 and have every thinkable in/output for a car and tune them where on the proto setup you can't as it is limited to 1980's technology with their spin on it.
my .02
Well said Kris, this is how I feel also.

I would rather learn and be able to tune myself.

1: Gives you Freedom, this allows you to make changes and have the ability to then fine tune for them.

2: Your wallet is not bleeding money all the time.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)