View Single Post
Infidel

Hi John, had a good read of your thread, pretty mad build, looks like you're almost there with it too, congrats!
I'm looking forward to seeing your data, I do hope it's data of actual runs out on the road, and not on the dyno? Really need to see with and without fan runs in real world conditions, i'm really interested in doing something similar if it works.

After searching through the fans available i'm going to struggle, my stock 993 intercooler is basically a two part jobbie with a middle tank, so i will need two small fans with a 10" square shroud, that are no thicker than 50mm and even thinner towards the edges (which they will obviously), and that pull a lot of air. Do you know of any?

By the way, i would probably try and set mine up so that they triggered to come on as soon as they saw post intercooler temps rise above 30 degC, or even 25 degC. I believe you've got yours triggered whislt sensing oil temps, what's the reasoning with that aproach?

What do you think of these fans? They are the highest CFM fans i could find that are around 2" thick, i think it would work without a full shroud, the majority of the core would be getting air pulled through it.... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390143998542&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:AU:1123
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan

Last edited by JBL930; 02-03-2010 at 09:34 PM..
Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)