View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Wow - I guess my post above is an example of writing your thoughts but don't hit the send button. Therefore, I apologize for the rant, not the content.

I've been in a lot of boardrooms where the overwhelming topics have been how they can be more responsible, more "green", hire more people (minorities, disabled, locals, etc) and so on, only to read in the paper how evil these boardroom people are - the author didn't have a clue, just a populist imagination. Personally, I look up to most of these boardroom members because they are taking on tons more responsibilities than I have patience for.

Anymore, if you want to interview for a middle or upper management position, you better be ready to talk about how you can add value to the company's social responsibility agenda just as much as you would talk about your core talents. It seems that we all want to be paid the most for what we do, get the best and most benefits (thrown in to boot), live in the best house, drive the best cars, buy products at bargains and expect it can all be done within our own borders. GM is a great example - the workers are the highest paid, they built dozens of different models that couldn't be supported for the price they needed, crappy quality and no one really wanted the cars they built. I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)